April 16, 2007
Farmingdale State Students Awarded Scholarships
On March 21, 2007 the Farmingdale Foundation and Alumni Association Student Scholarship Reception was held in Roosevelt Hall's Multi-Purpose Room at Farmingdale State College. Over $84,000 worth of scholarship money was awarded to 57 students at the reception. Farmingdale State College President Dr. W. Hubert Keen was pleased to announce that students from a variety of departments including Management of Technology, Business Administration, and Applied Mathematics were awarded the Campus Fund Scholarships. The Campus Fund Scholarships are awards funded through a payroll deduction option that Farmingdale staff and faculty members choose to join.
The following students were recipients:
- Michael Bentley, Management of Technology, Copiague
- Christopher Byron , Management of Technology, Lindenhurst
- Nicole Caccia, Liberal Arts and Sciences, North Massapequa
- Patrick Derry, Architectural Technology, Massapequa Park
- Chris Dzierynski, Security Systems, Bay Shore
- Michael Fried, Undeclared Major, Plainview
- David Kohanim, Management of Technology, Wantagh
- Joseph Ragolia, Business Administration, Lindenhurst
- Jaclyn Romanelli, Applied Mathematics, Massapequa
- Bryan Schmerler, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Bellmore
The Farmingdale College Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that provides financial assistance in advancing the purposes and development of the College. The Foundation provides scholarships, faculty development grants, and support of programs and projects that are not funded by the State budget. The Alumni Association is a not-for-profit corporation which provides a positive link between graduates and the College.