Go to Main NavigationGo to Secondary NavigationGo to SearchGo to Left NavigationSkip to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation

You are currently visiting Farmingdale's old website, content on these pages may be out of date, for best results, visit our new site at farmingdale.edu.

Two students in foreground talking in front of Farmingdale's Bunche Plaza fountain on a beautiful spring day.
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

For new, incoming, first year and transfer students, your RAM ID is sent to you with your acceptance paperwork to the College. Once you are a registered student, you will be able to obtain your ID Card from Campus Security; that ID card contains RAM ID number. If you are still unsure, you may contact the Admissions or Registrar's Office.

At this time, Farmingdale State College does not offer Legacy Tuition discounts.

To request a new acceptance packet, contact the Admissions Office at 934-420-2200.

Different types of financial aid are received at different times.  Please contact either the Student Accounts Office or Financial Aid Department for more information.

At this time, Farmingdale State College does not offer sleep-over visits to the college.

It is possible to switch Majors. You must first talk to your current Department Chairperson. That Chair will advise you of the necessary steps to take. You will then want to set up an appointment with your desired Major's Chairperson. He or she will be able to provide you with information such as: is there space to be enrolled in the program? Do you have the proper GPA to be accepted? How will the courses you have already completed apply to degree and major requirements in the new major? If approved, you and your new chair will complete an "Application for Change of Curriculum " that will be processed by the Registrar.  Note: if you are simply contemplating a change in major and want to determine the impact of that change in curriculum on your prospects for graduation, you are welcome to meet with the counselors in the AAIC for general guidance.

Students looking to matriculate into a degree program must file an application online at www.suny.edu/student. All official documentation must be sent the Admissions Office before a decision can be made. Please reference our Admissions requirements before applying.

Please e-mail orientation@farmingdale.edu at least three (3) business days prior to the program. If you fail to notify us, i.e. "no-show" the program, you will be required to reserve, attend and pay for another date. You will not be given credit for the original payment.

While a parent may not attend orientation with you, in many cases a separate introductory program is available for parents in conjunction with Orientation activities. An Introductory session for parents of students with confirmed reservations is typically offered from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. This is designed to address many of the questions frequently asked by parents and includes a lunch. A maximum of 2 parents/family members per student may attend (no children are permitted) and the cost is $25 per person, which includes lunch. Please plan to pay upon arrival by cash, check or money order. Please RSVP at dean.students@farmingdale.edu so that we are adequately prepared for seating and lunch. When you RSVP, put Parent Seminar in the subject line.

At this time, Farmingdale State College does not offer CPR/ AED Classes.

All requests must be made in writing to the Registrar's Office in Laffin Student Services Building. The first 5 transcripts per request are free of charge; over 5 are $5 each.

The admissions process depends on the date of the application. Typically we have decisions out between 2-5 weeks

Life experience credits are awarded solely through the department that the student is accepted into.

The admissions office does not accept prospective students on the spot. You will need to apply.

Contact the Admissions Office for more information at 934-420-2200.

During the period from the second week through the end of the ninth week of the semester, students are permitted to WITHDRAW from courses. A student wishing to withdraw from a course must obtain a withdraw form from the Registrar's office. The student should complete the course withdrawal form, obtain the instructor's signature with verification of the date of last attendance, sign the form, and return it to the Registrar's office for processing. A grade of "W" will be given to a student who officially withdraws from a course. IMPORTANT: If you receive Financial Aid, please note that full-time status (12 credits or more) must be maintained in order to receive financial aid. So, if you are on financial aid. be sure to talk to someone from the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from a course; you do not want to jeopardize your aid by dropping below 12 credits. As always, it is best to speak with your academic advisor or with a counselor in the AAIC before making the final decision to withdraw from a course.

Contact the academic department to obtain a copy of previous syllabi.

Grades are posted no more than 2 weeks after the semester has ended. Contact the Registrar for more information or questions at 934-420-2776.

There are many different holds that could be present on your account.  Log in to your OASIS account to see the holds on your account.  Contact the appropriate department to have the hold removed.

Visit the Registrar's website for more information about Add/Drop.

If you find a lost item, please bring it to University Police.  If you have lost an item, contact University Police at 934-420-2111.

To change any parking or car information, contact University Police at 934-420-2561.

The procedure to post flyers is as follows:

• For Student Groups – Student Activities Office with Approve with a Stamp.
• For Outside Groups – Outside Groups are not allowed to post on campus.

If you see a problem with any of the facilities on campus, please contact Physical Plant 934-420-2017.

Due to privacy considerations, Farmingdale State College does not release names, addresses, email or phone numbers of any alumni. However, you can write a letter to the person, seal it and stamp it, and send it to us at Ward Hall, Room 10, Farmingdale State College, 2350 Broadhollow Road, Farmingdale NY 11735. Provided we have current contact information, we will forward your letter to them. He or she can then get in touch with you at the contact information you provide in the letter. Please be sure to include your email address so we can let you know if we do not have current contact information.

Update your information so you can stay up to date with all of the news and events from the Alumni Association.

For a copy of an old yearbook, contact the Alumni Association at 934-420-5218.

For information about old bills, contact the Student Accounts Office at 934-420-2560.