What follows is a complete directory of assigned academic advisors listed by degree program. Simply click on your degree program, then click on your major, and you will find instructions for contacting your assigned academic advisor.
- Associate Degrees
- Baccalaureate Degrees
- Certificate Programs
- Non-matriculated Students
- Research Aligned Mentorship Scholars
The AAIC does not currently advise the following majors:
- Architecture & Construction Management
- Automotive Technology
- Aeronautical Science - Professional Pilot
- Business Analytics
- Dental Hygiene
- Geographic Information Systems
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nutrition Science and Wellness
- Urban Horticulture & Design
- Visual Communications
Please contact your department for advisement.
Academic Advisement and
Academic Advisement is essential for your success at Farmingdale. We want you to take full advantage of the wide range of courses and academic programs - as well as the support services - available at the College. We also want you to stay on track and graduate on time. So, before you select and register for courses, contact and meet with your assigned academic advisor.
Incoming Transfer Student
Please note that we cannot advise and register you for courses UNTIL:
1. Your deposit has been paid to Student Accounts.
2. Your transcripts from previous institutions have been evaluated by Farmingdale and transfer credits have been awarded to count toward your Farmingdale degree.
Please check on OASIS to determine if your transfer credit evaluation has been completed before scheduling an appointment with us. If your transfer evaluation is not complete 10 business days after your deposit, contact the Transfer Service Office 934-420-5446 or email email@example.com.
Please schedule an appointment with Navdip Hans for advisement and registration.
- Whenever classes are canceled or delayed due to inclement weather, the AAIC office will also be closed during those times. You can reschedule your appointment.
- Walk-in Wednesdays, 11am - 3pm, 15 minutes appointment for questions and / or concerns. Continuing non-matriculated student, please schedule an appointment with Navdip Hans for advisement and registration.
- Last Days for Spring Registration Activities: January 21 (Tuesday)
- Last Day for Spring Schedule Changes: January 28 (Tuesday)
- Last Day to Withdraw from a Course/Semester: April 2 (Thursday)
The AAIC offers various workshops to all FSC students throughout the fall and spring semesters. Focusing on a variety of topics, these workshops aim to enhance the advisor-advisee relationship outside of the AAIC.
|Time Management: Learn How to juggle Effectively||February 5, 6, 11, and March 5||11:00am - 12:00pm||Greenley 3rd Floor,
|Overcoming Anxiety to Ace your Exams||February 13 and March 10||11:00am - 12:00pm||Greenley 3rd Floor,
|Note-Taking and Study Strategies||February 18 and March 11||11:00am - 12:00pm||Greenley 3rd Floor,
Advisory Regarding SUNY Policy
State University of New York (SUNY) policy prohibits Farmingdale State admissions
application from inquiring into an applicant's prior criminal history. After acceptance,
the College shall inquire if the student previously has been convicted of a felony
if such individual seeks campus housing or participation in clinical or field experiences,
internships or study abroad programs. The information required to be disclosed under
SUNY policy regarding such felony convictions shall be reviewed by a standing campus
committee consistent with the legal standards articulated in New York State Corrections
Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of certain academic programs and/or to meet licensure requirements for certain professions. Students who have concerns about such matters are advised to contact the dean's office of their intended academic program.